Monday 16 January 2012

Fast and light


I have been thinking about the rescue gear I will be taking on this solo trip. A full pin kit and large throwline seems a little over the top. Who will throw me the line if I get in trouble? How will I sent a 3:1 system?

For the trip it seems the main reason for the line is as a simple light option for moving my boat around on portages. I know that people will not understand the reason why we choose to rivers solo and the way we need to look at the rescue gear, but this is of no concern at the moment.

I have chosen to take the HORNET bag from Nookie. I have many bags that I could use, from HF, NRS and Wilderness Systems. The Hornet, due to its compact size and lightweight nature is the key winner.

 Hornet

18m throw length
8mm floating line with core
9kN load strength
Quick and accurate throw
Compact & light mini bag with Enduromesh contrast drain
Foam wall buoyancy
Failsafe dual release closure with Velcro
Reinforced bag base
Retro reflective piping and graphics
Anti corrosive press studs and eyelet

No comments:

Post a Comment